1 medium sweet potato
1 acorn squash
5-6 garlic cloves unpeeled
4 ½ cups chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste
Sunflower seeds (if preferred)
1. Pre-heat oven to 375.
2. Cut sweet potato, squash and shallots in half (cut sweet potato lengthwise).
3. Brush sweet potato, squash and shallots with olive oil and place cut side down in roasting pan. Add garlic unpeeled to roasting pan.
4. Roast at 375 for 40 minutes.
5. Scoop out veggies, peel garlic and put in large pot. Put on medium high heat.
6. Add chicken stock.
7. Bring to boil and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
8. Let cool and put in blender (you may have to do a few batches depending on how large your blender is). Puree.
9. Return to pot and simmer for 5-10 mins.
10. Serve with sunflower seeds