This is a great meatless Monday dish without comprising on essential protein. This dish is packed with vitamins and nutrients from the vegetables, and the lentils provide a hearty texture, guaranteed to keep you full and satisfied.
1 small sweet potato finely diced (about 1 ½ cups)
1 small bell pepper finely diced (about 1 cup)
¼ cup sweetened coconut flakes
1 cup fresh green beans finely diced
2-3 cloves of garlic minced
1 tsp curry powder
¼ cup of vegetable or chicken broth
1 cup of cooked lentils or one 15oz can drained and rinsed
2 Tbs sesame oil
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. In a large bowl, combine sweet potato, bell pepper, coconut flakes and green beans. Toss with sesame oil. Add dash of salt and pepper
3. In a smaller bowl, combine broth, curry powder and garlic.
4. Cut 4 pieces of foil about 12” in length each. Fold foil in half on the shorter side and open. On one half of the foil, fold up the sides to create a bowl-like shape.
5. Divide the vegetable mixture among the 4 ‘bowls’. Top with lentils. Top with broth mixture evenly.
6. Fold the other half of the foil over and close up the sides completely by crimping.
7. Bake in oven for about 20 minutes. Be careful opening up the packets.