If you are anything like me, I'm all about efficiency in the kitchen. Days are busier than ever and I'd rather dedicate more time to things like the 3 F's: friends, family, and fitness.
This oatmeal/chia seed pudding cup with blueberry compote recipe is so versatile and great for breakfast, pre-workout fuel, post-work snack, and even dessert. And if you have picky kids at home, they'll love this!
Filled with fiber, protein, and magnesium (and many other nutrients), this cup can help you to feel fuller longer, helping you to eat less overall.
OK, enough with the talking, let's get to the recipe!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 3 cups of milk, divided in half (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups wild frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cane sugar (more or less depending on your preference)
- Put rolled oats and chia in two separate bowls and mix in 1 1/2 cups of milk in each. Cover and place in fridge for at least 2-3 hours.
- Put frozen blueberries, lemon juice, water, sugar, and cinnamon in small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 15 minutes, when blueberries cook down and thicken.
- Be sure to check the consistency of the oatmeal and chia seeds. You may want to add more milk to get your desired consistency.
- In a small mason jar or other small cup, layer oatmeal, chia seed pudding, and blueberry compote as many times as you'd like.
- You can also top with sliced almonds or coconut flakes.