Yep, another frittata. The more I experiment with different ingredients, the more I love them. Making one of these on a Sunday evening allows me to eat a nutritious breakfast during the week when I know I don't have much time.
I especially like this frittata for the beautiful color. Getting enough greens into my diet is important to me, and I get to include a number of greens in this frittata as well as a beautiful pop of color with the tomatoes and peppers. We are in heirloom tomato season, so take advantage!
- 6 eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 scallion finely chopped
- 1/2 tomato (any variety) sliced thin, about 5 slices
- 1/2 zucchini chopped finely
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- 3 pieces asparagus, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk the 6 eggs and 6 egg whites.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour mixture into shallow round baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 25-30 minutes or until eggs are set in the middle.