This is my absolute favorite breakfast ever. It always turns out so pretty, so it makes it even more fun to eat. I generally save this breakfast for a weekend, so I can truly enjoy it without having to rush. Don't be fooled, this breakfast can also be enjoyed during the week too, it's quite quick to make. The blend of protein and healthy fats keep me full for hours. And if you know me, that's pretty rare.
If you are bored with the typical egg breakfast, give this a go. You won't be disappointed!
- Sourdough bread, sliced 1/4" to 1/2" thick (I prefer the brand Bread Alone, can be found at Whole Foods)
- 2 eggs
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 TBSP cannellini beans (canned)
- Microgreens (you can find this in the produce section of Whole Foods)
- 3 grape tomatoes, sliced lengthwise
- 1 radish sliced
- Fresh lemon
- In a small round bowl, add 1/2 ripe avocado and 2 TBSP cannellini beans. Using the back of a fork, mash the avocado and beans together and mix well. Add dash of salt and about 1-2 tsps of fresh lemon juice.
- Toast sourdough bread slightly until outside is just crisp.
- Spread avocado smash mixture on bread.
- Beat 2 eggs and cook scrambled.
- Place eggs on top of toast and avocado. Top with microgreens, tomatoes and radish.