Have a craving for spaghetti and meatballs? Try this healthier alternative that will keep your tastebuds and waistline happy. After testing out homemade turkey meatballs a few times, I am finally happy with the end product. Trial and error is worth it for these!
These turkey meatballs are delicious and quick to make. If you have kids, they'll love to help roll them into little balls. I enjoy these meatballs with my favorite brown rice and quinoa pasta from Trader Joe's or spaghetti squash if I want something a little lighter. Best part? The recipe is quick to prep and cook. That's a big win for busy folks!
- 1 lb ground turkey breast*
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp parsley
*organic if possible
- Pre-heat oven to 375. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Roll turkey mixture in balls, about 1"-1 1/2" in diameter, or your preferred size.
- Place meatballs on baking sheet.
- Spray meatballs lightly with canola or olive oil spray.
- Bake approximately 25-30 minutes or until turkey is cooked through.
Serve with spaghetti squash or brown rice and quinoa pasta.