I'm so excited to share this amazing recipe with you, just in time for Superbowl. It's a healthy twist on a classic dish. Most people will be indulging in pizza and wings. Yessssssss wings (hey, a girl has to live too)! Wings from a local pizzeria are usually fried, contains high fat ingredients, and probably ingredients that most of us can't even pronounce.
Good news, is that I have the solution for you! These wings contain all-natural ingredients and are straight up TASTY. By cooking the wings on the highest possible temperature setting on the oven, they come out even crispier than if they were fried!
These are so good, you don't even have to tell your friends and family that they aren't from your local pizzeria.
This recipe is for 12 wings. If you plan on making more, just double all ingredients.
- 12 wings or drumsticks, skin on
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- dash of crushed red pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp grass fed butter
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat over to highest temperature setting or use broiler.
- Season chicken well with salt and pepper. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake chicken for about 25-30 minutes. Flip chicken over and cook for additional 25-30 minutes or until chicken is browned and crispy. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, place apple juice, cider, honey, soy sauce and red pepper in saucepan. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer until sauce slightly thickens, about 25 minutes.
- Place chicken into a large bowl. Add sauce, grass fed butter and sesame seeds. Coat chicken evenly and serve.
WARNING! It is very possible to eat all of it in one sitting. That's just what i heard. ;)