Fajitas anyone? Fajitas are one of my favorite dishes, but eating it out can mean a lot of things- tons of saturated fats, unhealthy oil and who knows what else coming out of the kitchen. Here is a fool proof way to make delicious tortilla-less fajitas that will be sure to satisfy your taste buds and your waistline. I opted out of the tortillas because it gives me more flexibility to eat it in a variety of other ways.
If you've been following me for a while, you know I am all about cooking a great meal in the shortest time possible. This recipe is so easy to make that it works well as a weeknight dinner that you can actually make after you get home from work. Yup, that's right. A little tip: You may want to make a double serving so you have enough leftovers for the week.
- ¾ - 1 lb chicken breast cut into ¼” slices
- ½ of large onion, sliced thin
- 2 bell peppers sliced thin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 TBSP chili powder
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 400.
- In a large bowl, evenly mix chicken, onion, peppers, oil, garlic, salt and chili powder.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread chicken and vegetables onto sheet.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.
Now, here is where it gets fun. There are a number of ways to enjoy this:
For a lighter meal, serve over a bed of baby spinach or salad with mixed greens.
For a medium meal, serve over cooked quinoa, a lovely grain that contains higher protein content.
For a heartier meal, serve with brown rice.