This is one of my favorite recipes because I love acorn squash and is simple to prepare.
2 acorn squash, halved and seeds removed
1 small online finely chopped
6oz-8oz of turkey sausage, casings removed
3 tablespoons olive oil
2-3 cloves of garlic minced
10oz frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
¼ cup grated parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 400F. On baking sheet lined with foil, brush the inside of the squash with olive oil and place flat side down. Bake until tender, about 35-40 minutes. Once cooked, remove from oven. Keep oven on.
2. Heat 1tablespoon olive oil in pan on medium high heat and cook onion, until soft.
3. Add turkey sausage to pan, breaking it into small pieces. Cook until browned, about 6-7 minutes.
4. Add in garlic and spinach and cook for additional 2-3 minutes
5. Place filling into each squash. Sprinkle with parmesan and place back in oven for an additional 3 minutes.