Who doesn’t love a good chicken noodle soup? Me! And who has the time to spend hours making it? Not me! Making short cuts in recipes doesn’t mean it becomes unhealthy. This chicken noodle soup is quick, healthy and delicious.
1 organic rotisserie chicken
2 celery stalks, diced
1 medium carrot diced
½ onion chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 bay leaf
64ozlow sodium chicken broth
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Remove meat from rotisserie chicken and set aside.
2. In a large pot, heat olive oil on medium high and add in celery, onion and carrot. Sautee for about 5 minutes.
3. Add chicken and bay leaf.
4. Add chicken broth and bring contents to a boil. Season to taste
5. Turn down heat and let simmer for 45mins-1 hour (the longer the better).
6. When ready to serve, cut a few slices of avocado and place in individual servings.